Wednesday, October 22, 2008

MODERN NEEDLEPOINT FROM AMH DESIGN LLC

I had initially seen monogrammed notepads at Liz Bauer's new home shop, Elizabeth Bauer Design. The other day I found them online, and sent an email to an adorable new resource, AMH Design. I thought, hmmm...I did not see these sweet things at the gift show, I need to see more! Lo and behold, I grew up in Connecticut with Amy Holbrook, the smart and savvy founder of AMH. Last I had heard she was living in Rome, a great place to get ideas and creative inspiration. What a treat to know that someone behind a young creative company is so incredibly nice and has a great eye. Columbia Business School isn't bad either! I am really excited to see this company grow. Buy your stocking stuffers now!

Enjoy her fun needlepoint creations and see more kits at AMH Design

Photo Courtesy of AMH Design
This selection of journals is DIY. You stitch the monogrammed area yourself. The kit comes with needle and threader, color coordinated yarns, and an initial chart. Or, if you are short on time or just not crafty, you can have one of their professional stitchers do it for you (there is an upcharge and delivery time)My favorite grouping is called this one called Rome

Photo Courtesy of AMH Design
After the confidence building this provides, you will be ready to tackle a bigger canvas--2 initials! The Monte Carlo is like a Goyard bag in a notepad--small and more affordable

Photo Courtesy of AMH Design
The stitching should take an hour to complete on the single initial. Marrakesh has a great global geometric design

Photo Courtesy of AMH Design
A little Op art with The Rio design

No comments: