Monday, April 6, 2009

WHY DON'T YOU BUY SOMETHING RED?

A friend I used to work with at David Easton came over yesterday. We always talk design non-stop and I ask for his chic advice. We got to talking about my home and what I cannot live without. Not missing a beat, I declared it was the color red. With that mood-altering color on my mind, here are some well-designed chairs that may conjure up Diana Vreeland or the thought that you too, cannot live without it:


Photo Courtesy of Suzanne Allen
The St. Germain Chair from Suzanne Allen is well- proportioned and has a nice leg. Great for a living room seating arrangements or as a bedroom chair.

Photo Courtesy of Richard Shapiro
Studiolo by Richard Shapiro has this great new upholstered piece, the Bordoni Leather Minima Chair. The stamped leather, floor-length skirt and low back pillow are nice touches. An added swivel element makes it ideal for a media room.


Photo Courtesy of Wisteria
Wisteria is a go to resource for great global finds and easy gifts. Their Louis Red Upholstered Chair is easy to love. Pull it around a dining table or put it up against the wall below a sconce for a hit of eye- popping color.

Photo Courtesy of Elite Leather
Elle Decor recently feted Nathan Turner at Bloomingdales for his new Elite Leather furniture Collection. The Flores tufted armchair is my favorite--the dark wood pops against the red shiny leather, a really catchy combo for a study. The pitch is deep and perfect for reading the paper.

7 comments:

Renée Finberg said...

outstanding suggestion !

everyone need a POP of RED.

Linda Hunt IFDA, WFCP,AVA said...

I am right with you on using the color red. My kitchen, laundry room and living room all sport touches of that color! Red is beautiful.

Jill said...

I have a red sofa that I absolutely love!!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Why Not Red? The majority of us are afraid to make the commitment. My parents had a kitchen with red cabinets that was spectacular. I had a raspberry red living room with lots of crisp white moldings that sang even when it rained (which was a lot; Seattle. Now as I get older I'm more afraid!

Love the St. Germain chair.
&heart;

Down Comforter said...

Not sure I'm ready to incorporate red into my home, but these are beautiful pieces, nonetheless :)

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

All the ladies have a classic black dress in their wardrobe, well I think they now need a red chair as well.

The Richard Shapiro chair is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Soul-sisters are we!! I could NOT live without red in my life. franki