Tuesday, February 16, 2010

THE WALLPAPER BOOK GOES TO WINNER #4 LYNDE EASTERLIN


Wallpaper: A History of Style and Trends by Carolle Thibault- Pomerantz goes to Lynde Easterlin, an interior designer in New York City. Books inspired her design decisions directly, and I loved the way she engaged her client with fashion to make the process fun and easy to relate to. Two strong submissions made Easterlin a great entrant.


The Inspiration: a page from To Your Taste Celerie Kemble


The creation a bedroom:
A charcoal and white scheme comes together creatively makes the most of the space.
"The bunk room adjoined the bathroom below in which we kept the bird and twig motif in the drapes for the small bunk. I saw in Celerie Kemble’s book “To Your Taste” the image of white walls and dark black contrasting trim, so I painted this bedroom the same way with dark charcoal gray baseboards and doors."

A punchy Schumacher pattern on the bed hangings and Quatrefoil Chair by Suzanne Kasler for Hickory Chair are charming details, making the bedroom cozy and fresh.


The inspiration: Bill Blass: An American Designer
Regarding inspiration, she says "I love Bill Blass’s style and design. He is known not only for his fashion sense, but also his wonderful interior design artifacts and furnishings that were up for bid at Sothebys just a few years ago. Pictured here is an image on the cover of his book of a white double faced wool gabardine coat with printed twig motif Fall of 1967. It was on the cover of Harpers Bazaar that same year I believe."


The Creation: a powder room
Lynde shared, "I found a wallpaper from Cole & Son very similar to this style in order to recreate his fashion into interior design. In order to keep my very fashionable client who used to work for Chanel and YSL excited about the process, I decided we would try to find elements from fashion designs and translate them into the décor in her home."



4 comments:

KM said...

I LOVE that bedroom - especially the bed hangings and the chair. I live in New York and know Lynde Easterlin - she is a super talented designer!

Marisa said...

Oh great, I look forward to meeting her soon. She has style by the mile!

Unknown said...

I love how she made an otherwise uneventful room cozy and stylish! Great job Lynde!

Unknown said...

Fabulous! The room has been transformed into such an inviting space. I love the fresh approach of the charcoal and white. Very inventive, Lynde. Good work!