Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I'M A FAN: COLORFUL SEA FANS FROM KAREN ROBERTSON


 Photos courtesy of Karen Robertson
Karen Robertson finds creative ways to work with sea life that always amaze. Taking her inspiration from all things marine, her designs transport ocean life to home life. The Florida-based creative gal has encrusted boxes and obelisks with limpet shells, framed sea fans to sea urchins and pressed specimen seaweed. Her latest incarnation of seafans are framed in crisp white round frames matted in clear glass. The striking contrast of the vividly colored fan, white wood frames and wall color coming through is really fresh and now. Check out this latest colorful crop of 24 and 36" sea fans.












3 comments:

A+S / Tilton Fenwick said...

perfect for a beach house! count us as fans too!

froulala.blogspot.com said...

LOVE!

Clare C. Whitaker said...

What beautiful works of art! I agree, perfect for a beach house...I especially love the colored ones. I hope you can stop by my blog and enter my giveaway for a pair of pearl earrings, Wednesday is the final entry day. Enjoy your week!

Toodles,
Twirling Clare
http://twirlingclare.blogspot.com/