Thursday, January 31, 2013

STYLEBEAT HEADS TO HOUSTON!


I can't believe it, I am going to Texas! The closest I have gotten to it before is Florida, so I can say I am pretty excited to see how it's done in the state that seems to do everything bigger. 
The reason for my trip is to attend the opening party of Villa de Luxe, the first annual Luxe Interiors and Design Showhouse.  I will be covering it for Editor at Large, Editor TV. Benefiting Preservation Houston,  the showhouse, located in a 1920's Venetian- revival home in Shadyside, will be transformed by the following  designers and architects:

Peggy Hull, Creative Touch Interiors
 Marjorie Slovack, ML Slovack Design
 Donna Vining, Vining Design Associates
Lynne Jones, Lynne T. Jones Interior Design
Sandy Lucas and Sarah Eilers, Lucas/Eilers Design Associates
Marlys Tokerud, Tokerud and Co
Audrey Drought, Audrey Drought Design Inc
 John Robinson, Robinson and Associates
 Bill Stubbs, William W. Stubbs and Associates, a Preservation Houston Board member and co-chair  
Jane Page Crump, Jane Page Design Group
Donna Jarnigan, Lacy-Boon Interiors
Diana Walker, Diana Walker Design
Lisa Roth, Montgomery Roth
Connie LeFevre Janie Ellis
Laura Umansky, Laura U Inc
Julie Koch, Elegant Additions
John Dupuy
 McDugald Steel Landscpae Architects and Darla Bankston May

I must admit I am excited to be exposed to a new design market and meet a totally new group of interior designers. If there is a shop, antique or vintage store or great restaurant that should be on my radar, let me know!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Have fun y'all...TExas is great

Donna Jarnigan, ASID,RID said...

WE are thrilled you are coming to Houston. I look forward to seeing at the Villa de Luxe Preservation Showhouse. Please come visit my "Deco, Hollywood Glamour" bedroom. There are so many great restaurants here you just won't believe it and try Charlotte Nail for Great Antiques, John Brooks for wonderful contemporary to traditional home furnishings, and Emmet Perry for rugs.

Unknown said...

Look forward to seeing you at the Villa de Luxe Designer Show House, and thank you for including all the designers who participated in the house.

Donna Vining