Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A LITTLE BIT FRENCH: ASTIER DE VILLATTE IN NYC

Astier de Villatte patterned journals in sophisticated color combinations

Candles and heady incense hit the states at the John Derian booth at the Gift Show

John Derian has long imported the design world's favorite from overseas, Astier de Villatte. Carrying the Parisian line of whimsical white glazed terracotta tabletop in his lower east side curiosity shop has been a success -- the clamor for it just never seems to die down. Now, you can get the entire line of Astier wares from John, as he is representing the line straight from it's Parisian Rue Saint-Honore locale. Take a minute to look at their website, it is one of the kookiest and charming I've seen. MC Escher like graphic patterned notebooks, scented candles, and incense can transport you to the rainy foggy narrow streets of Paris in an instant.

3 comments:

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

The furniture from Astier de Villatte is so take-my-breath-away gorgeous - wow! I think it's a bit beyond my budget, but a girl can dream :) What a fun site site they have..

quintessence said...

I adore this line!! And I was going to do a little piece about their website which I adore - maybe I'll put in on the q. facebook page and reference you re: john derian.

Karena said...

You always find the best of the best Marisa! Adore the journals.

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena