Thursday, January 19, 2012

HONORING MY DAD

Amanda, Dad and me with bluefish at Great Point on Nantucket, circa 1979

On February 12th, I am participating in a fundraising event to benefit Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Called Cycle for Survival, it is a day long spin relay event at Equinox that supports cancer research. I cycle with pride to honor my dad, Robert Marcantonio, who was a MSKCC patient. My dad had a brain tumor and 2 surgeries at Memorial. The doctors and nurses there are just awe inspiring in their dedication and level of care. It has been 18 years since he passed away, and I think of him daily, so this ride is especially meaningful for me. I think it will make him happy to know that I am doing something to give back.
Join me in the fight against cancer, as sadly, it has touched most of our lives. Friends have been so amazing in supporting this event, if you want to contribute, visit my page here.
And go Team Gear Up 2 Fight Cancer!

9 comments:

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

beautiful photo of your family and such a wonderful way to honor his memory!

A+S / Tilton Fenwick said...

So inspired by your efforts in memory of your Dad! XO, TF

Anonymous said...

people like you make the world a better place.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marisa,
This is Danielle, another team member on Gear Up 2 Fight, and Steve's fiancee. I am really looking forward to meeting you and am so excited you decided to join our team!

Stylebeat/Marisa said...

Barbara! Thank you so much

Marisa/Stylebeat said...

Danielle, I am looking forward to meeting you and am excited for the big day!

Anonymous said...

"Me" is sooooo cute!

dovecote Decor said...

Ride Marissa, Ride. What a sweet looking Dad. Hope to see you at the gift show.
Best,
Liz

Marisa/Stylebeat said...

Liz! Sorry seeing you was so brief, next time!