Tuesday, February 26, 2013

1 WEEK TO GO: SUPPORT MY RIDE IN CYCLE FOR SURVIVAL

Cycle For Survival is almost here! 

My Dad, me and Amanda at Palm Beach Polo circa 1988

WHY I RIDE:
I am riding in honor of my Dad in my 2nd Cycle for Survival event March 3rd. My father was a patient of Dr. Posner at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for brain cancer. What they do to help patients and their level of care is just incredible. Helping the hospital and supporting their research gives me such pride. So i ride this March 3rd for my Dad, so others are able to survive and thrive.
With a week to go, I am getting excited for my Cycle For Survival annual fundraising ride this Sunday, March 3rd. Last year was my first time participating on Team Gear up 2 Fight Cancer, and I have looked forward to this year's event for some time. The reason is, the day is just amazingly inspiring. To see over 200 people cycling together in one room to raise funds for rare cancer research is quite something. All the money raised goes to Memorial Sloan Kettering and 53 clinical trials have been funded by the $29 million raised since the event started in 2007. I want to thank all of you that have donated to my ride so far, and if you would like to give, click here. You can do so till April! I couldn't have done this without your support so THANK YOU for helping me rock the raising wheeling for healing.
 If you have a friend or member of your family whose life has been touched by cancer, I ride for them, too.

2 comments:

PamelajfVotreVu said...

<3 on your cycle in Honor of your Dad.

Terri Pakravan said...

Go Marisa!
So many friends and loved ones lost but we can never lose hope... We lost my father in law this year as well as many others....ride on!