Friday, March 14, 2014

JUST IN CASE: A BOOKCASE NOT TO BE MISSED AND MY REPORT OF TRENDS TO KNOW NOW

photos courtesy of Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams

Sometimes a piece is so good, I fall for it instantly. This is the case with the Jules brass etagere from Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams. With its intercepting lines, mid-century modern feel and vintage-inspired high shine brass finish, the bookshelf is both a modernist art and functional piece, yet the classic scale makes it very fresh and now. It has a lightness that comes from its open back and glass shelves, so it could be used to separate spaces, but also surround doorways, or line the walls for a an instant library.

Full of books or arranged with decorative objects, the bookcase can look completely different depending on how you choose to style it.

ON ANOTHER NOTE...TREND FORECASTING:


Speaking of brass, it has been everywhere as of late, which makes me happy because I think it is incredibly chic. If you want to see more brass, and other designs currently trending,  I have created a Market Report, highlighting the best designs at High Point and trade shows I have recently attended. If you did not get the chance to hit the shows and are in need of great sources and directional pieces, reach out to me to learn more about acquiring the report.  If there are specific styles or pieces you are looking for, I can create a report specially tailored to your needs. Leave me a comment below, and be in touch. I have many exciting finds to share.

2 comments:

MJH DesignArts said...

I love brass--just put into inventory two great 80s pieces. The shiny brass against a saturated wall is breath-taking. Great post.
Mary

Lise said...

How fun, I have a few pieces of brass in my store.. cant get rid of them, but maybe its time to brush of the dust and display them in front!! Please check my new blog, I have some beautiful pictures of my favorite porcelain, Wik and Walsoe!
www.liseinamerica.blog.com