Thursday, April 10, 2014

COMING SOON: STYLEBEAT 2.0

Photo courtesy of Best Made

Change is good. Not too much change, but just enough to shake things up a bit so they stay fresh. I think this holds true in all areas of my life, from my gym routine, to the place I go for my morning coffee. A new Le Pain Quotidien opened a block away from me, so that is one change I welcome with open arms.
I started Stylebeat June 1st, 2007.  I knew I needed to change my blog design, a total makeover, and it seemed to take ages to get the wheels in motion. In the back of my mind, I rationalized, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. Readers, interior designers and friends told me they enjoyed the clean design and easy to read layout, but years have passed since I started this wonderful journey, and there were many functional aspects I yearned for. The internet and design move at such a fast pace, I knew a little freshening was in order. I decided to do a total design overhaul and focus on creating the best user experience I could. Lush, larger images was the first mandate, the second was creating focused navigation topics to feature key areas I cover.  You will find those things and more, including a few surprises in the works. Stay tuned for the complete facelift, coming LIVE this Monday, April 14th. Look out for Stylebeat 2.0, now posting daily at 10am, and be sure to subscribe and direct to my new domain, Stylebeat Blog.
The "freshening" arrives just in time for spring.

2 comments:

MJH DesignArts said...

Yep, change is good....... can't wait to see the new look. Crack open the champagne.
Mary

Marisa/Stylebeat said...

Yes it is! Thank you Mary, yes, I actually have a lot of champers in the wings, waiting!