Legends of La Cienega is taking West Hollywood by storm over the next few days. Celebrate classic Hollywood design with a tribute to design in movies and television May 6-8th. From designer vignettes, to lively lectures, panel conversations, and book signings there will be a lot to see and do. The event is sponsored by ELLE DECOR and the La Cienega Design Quarter, and proceeds benefit Habitat for Humanity Greater Los Angeles. Make sure to visit La Cienega newcomers Hollyhock, Maison au Naturel, Madeline Stuart and Hollywood at Home!
Visit La Cienega Boulevard May 6-8 to see designer store window vignettes from:
• Alice in Wonderland by Josh Brown at Outside Downtown
• Auntie Mame by Woodson & Rummerfield at Baker
• Breakfast at Tiffany's by Richard Hallberg at Navona Antiques
• The Chalk Garden by Mark Williams at Ralf's Antiques
• Cleopatra by Katie Leede at Szalon
• A Clockwork Orange and The Birds by Jane Hallworth at Lee Stanton Antiques
• Dangerous Liaisons by Tim Corrigan at Reborn Antiques
• Dr. Zhivago by Dayna Lee at George Smith Handmade Furniture & Fabrics
• The Fountainhead by Oliver Furth at Bausman & Co.
• Goldfinger by James Radin at Mecox Gardens
• Green Acres by Jeffrey Alan Marks at Downtown
• Grey Gardens by Kathleen Clements and Tommy Clements at Hollywood at Home & Peter Dunham Textiles
• Indochine by Cliff Fong at Downtown
• L.A. Confidential by Kevin Corn at Maison Schembri
• Lawrence of Arabia by Philip Nimmo at Compas Architectural Stone, Inc.
• A Passage to India by Peter Dunham at Hollyhock
• Pillow Talk by Sheldon Harte at Gray Morell
• Romy and Michele's High School Reunion by Mark Cutler at Maison au Naturel
• To Catch a Thief by David Phoenix at Therien & Co.
• The Wrestler by Trip Haenisch at Ralf's Antiques
Then, hit these events to join the conversation:
Design Diaries: How the Blogo-sphere is reshaping the Design World.
It’s a Mod World: Discussion on the creative avalanche of ‘60s design that is still relevant in pop culture today.
L.A. Modernism: From socialist to social-must.
Smoke & Mirrors: Beauty revealed from beginning to end—inspirations and insights from the creatives who meld myth and magic.
West Side Story: Discover how L.A., the lifestyle capital of the world, has influenced interior design, fashion, and film industries.
MANtique: The use of masculine, chic, and streamlined antiques to create a strong, eclectic, and current style.
La Dolce Vita: The sweet life of design with color influences in the home, film, and fashion.
Hollywood Glamour: Defining the look of Hollywood opulence in fashion and at home.
Hollywood Retreat: From Montecito to Palm Springs, get fabulous design ideas from the Hollywood elite’s weekend homes.
Vintage Lineage: Using classic elements with modern applications in the home and on the runway.
Gender Bending Branding: Explores gender driven design while breaking social norms.
The ins and outs of sustainable lighting.
Romantic Classicism and the California house with Tom Proctor.
Setting the mood with stylist Robert Verdi.
A retrospective of Josef Hoffmann.
Tips for creating an eco-friendly home with Mary Cordaro.
Style and Substance: The Best of ELLE DECOR book signing with ELLE DECOR editor in chief Margaret Russell
Charles Hollis Jones by Charles Hollis Jones
Flair by Joe Nye
Power of Gardens by Nancy Goslee Power
69 Quickies in the Kitchen by Joan Vogel, the Shopping Cart Chef
Get the whole scoop here Elle Decor LCDQ