Monday, April 29, 2013

NAUTICAL NECESSITIES FOR A SUMMER BY THE SEA

Photo courtesy of Pottery Barn
Sometimes I come across something that is just so adorable I instantly want it and am transported to the environment in which it would work perfectly. Such is the case with this useful two-tiered Anchor Stand from Pottery Barn. Available online, it is well-suited to ocean settings to use as a bar station or to place in a bathroom to hold extra hand towels and accessories. I love it. I guess I will have to buy it to give as a house guest present this summer, because I need someone to benefit from its perfect form and function in the proper locale. I suggest you do the same, cause it is pretty darn cute.

Photos courtesy of Kim Seybert
While I was hunting for nautical themed entertaining ideas, I discovered this new pattern, All Aboard, from Kim Seybert. Her embroidered theme napkins never disappoint, and this could not be any cuter for boat-bound parties.
If it's just cocktails, set a stack of these bar side next to the Dark and Stormy Ginger Beer. Available at Kim Seybert. Very swank. But you may need a real one if someone falls overboard.

Photos courtesy of Pomegranate 
Elevate BBQ and Lobster dinners with Pomegranate's hand-blocked Ahoy placemats, festooned with mini anchors.
 Ahoy napkins mix well with solid navy or stripes, have fun mixing it up for a more varied pattern play.



No comments: