Wednesday, April 17, 2013

SPOTTED: STYLE SPOTTING AT 2013 SPRING HIGH POINT MARKET

Photos courtesy of High Point Market

It's April, which means it is time to get out the comfortable walking shoes to conquer High Point Market. Two times a year, buyers, editors, trend seekers and interior designers descend upon High Point, North Carolina, to seek out the best home furnishings and accessories, all in one place.  I will be arriving Sunday and leaving Wednesday, where I will be doing a deep dive into American design. Some of this year's highly anticipated debuts include Celerie Kemble for Henredon with accessories by Maitland-Smith and Aerin for E.J. Victor. There are gems to be found, as well as trends galore. This year I am attending Market as a Style Spotter, where I join other bloggers that have been selected to seek out all that is exciting and inspiring in home. I am joined by some bloggers I know and others I am looking forward to getting to know. 
When I cover row after row, showroom after showroom of introductions, I am mindful of designs I feel make an impression for style, scale, material, form, function and innovation. Regardless of how tired my feet and eyes are, I still keep plugging away till I have taken in as much as I possibly can. It is the editor in me; I am on a never-ending quest to find that elusive special item to get excited about. 
Join me on Pinterest at

as I share my High Point Market (under the hashtag 
 #HPMKT @stylebeat on Twitter)  Style Spotter selects, and I hope you will log on and vote for my choices to make my @stylebeat Marisa Marcantonio Pin board a favorite.  I will be pinning as I walk the show live. Your all-important votes can add up to my winning a free trip to High Point! Stay tuned for the latest, greatest editions, coming soon.


No comments: