Wednesday, July 11, 2012

ROLL OUT THE CUSTOM CARPET: ELIZABETH EAKINS ARRIVES IN LA

While in LA recently, I rang Martyn Lawrence Bullard to see if I could pop in, say hi, and see his new office space.  I was there for such a quick trip I was thrilled when he said I should come on over and that he was actually in town.  After seeing his amazing new digs and a catch up , a new street level shop caught my eye. As I was leaving I noticed Elizabeth Eakins had opened on the street. What fun it was coming across the new Eakins retail shop at 8550 Melrose Avenue in West Hollywood. 
Known for her subtly beautiful Connecticut-made hand woven carpets and hand printed textiles, the mood in her store perfectly reflected her aesthetic. A soothing pale palette welcomed me as I entered. The entrance was really something with an  Indian archway and fabric screen that were still up from the Legends of La Cienega Windows to the World window event, created by James Radin. As I walked into the shop, the rugs, fabrics and cozy sofa seating area wooed me. Take a look:

Exotic Indian accents set the scene

Eakins prints made the screens stage set gorgeous

Lounge act ready

Printed pillows are made up and ready to roll

The sofa with bolsters on the ends was just charming

The plethora that awaits, but many go for the custom goods they can create to match any color

Since 1978, the Eakins team has been creating environmentally friendly collections with total artistry and dedication to the craft

No comments: